Thandur Seafood Pasta

 I can hardly wait to hear your feedback once you try out this recipe! Experimenting led to the creation of this tried-and-true recipe for Seafood Pasta, which has stood the test of time despite its age. Tinkering with it as I acquire new ideas for it throughout the years, I have added things to it and taken things away from it. When I want to impress someone with my Best Indian food, I pull out this recipe and follow it to the letter. Nobody except you ought to know how simple it is!





The first order of business is to get the water for the pasta boiling. To add flavour, I typically sprinkle some salt on it and drizzle some olive oil over it, then I let it cook over medium-high heat. You may put this critter on the back burner and forget about it until it is time to add the pasta. It is now safe for you to do so.

I started by spreading a thin layer of olive oil across the bottom of a medium saucepan using a little bit of oil from the bottle.

I feel obligated to warn you that I have a serious addiction to garlic. Seriously. We have meetings. The phrase "There's no such thing as too much garlic" is written on a bowl that belongs to my mother-in-law, and I couldn't agree more with its sentiment. I was brainwashed at an early age, and it is now impossible for me to change my mind. Therefore, please take my word for it when I state that this recipe requires the use of a whole garlic bulb.

Fresh garlic bulb

You are going to mince that fresh garlic bulb in its entirety right into the pan, and then you are going to let it cook for a brief period of time by itself. Perhaps a minute or two at the most. The fresh garlic is absolutely necessary. I've tried using the pre-minced stuff from the jar, but the flavour isn't the same at all. Garlic powder was what was needed to give it the kick that I was looking for. Alternately, if you don't have a garlic press or simply want to experiment with a different method, you can try slicing the garlic cloves very thinly and adding them that way. Even though it takes a little bit more time, there are times when I prefer doing it this way since the slices end up being all crunchy and chewy like candy.

After the aroma in your kitchen has reached the point where it may drive any vampires within a radius of five miles away, you can add the shrimp. In my experience, the shrimp performs the best when it is either fresh or raw after it was frozen. In a pinch, you can use pre-cooked shrimp like I am here if you can't find fresh or raw shrimp; but, pre-cooked shrimp does not typically absorb the flavours quite as effectively as fresh or raw shrimp does. Since I was born and raised in Nova Scotia, I can't help but include scallops whenever I come across them on sale or, even better, when they are in season and available fresh from a Thandur seafood truck parked on the side of the road. If you do decide to include them, you will discover that they are an excellent addition to this recipe.

Toss in around one tablespoon's worth of rosemary, one tablespoon's worth of oregano, and approximately half a tablespoon's worth of thyme. You are free to add more or less as you see fit if you believe that the previous amount is insufficient or excessive. Since I don't like to use a lot of salt in my cooking and I abhor monotony, spices are my not-so-secret weapon for adding flavour. This recipe is the product of several trial and error iterations, which is one of the reasons why its adaptability is one of its most appealing qualities. I am not in charge of you in any way.

After that, we add a half a cup of chicken stock to the pan. 

I find that store-bought chicken stocks either a) contain the dreaded, vague noun:'spices' on the ingredients list, or b) contain enough sodium for an ancient indian restaurant markham noble to commit suicide with (seriously, I promise you it's a thing). As a result, I prefer to make my own homemade chicken stock because I find that the store-bought varieties either a) contain the dreaded, vague noun:'spices' on

After this, we give it a little swirl to make sure that all of the shrimp is covered with the herbs. Yum! Already giving off an appetising appearance. Increase the temperature so that it is medium-high so that the broth can begin to simmer. It ought to have the most enticing aroma ever. At this time, if there is anyone else in the house with you, their inquisitive noses will take them to the kitchen in order to search for the origin of the odour. You shouldn't let the pleading looks on people's faces that emerge out of nowhere bother you. This is an essential step in the procedure.

Toss the pasta into the water, giving it a light swirl to keep it from sticking (just a light stir!!!! ), and wait for the water to return to a rolling boil. By this time, the water in your pot has probably already been doing so. (Be careful not to stir your spaghetti too much!) For this particular dish, my go-to choice of pasta is spaghettini or angel hair. Even while regular spaghetti is delicious, there is something about the way the shrimp interacts with the tiny noodle that really makes this dish shine.

Bubble, bubble pasta pot. Pasta, please, and make it nice and steamy! 



Strega Nona anyone? 

When I was a kid, I adored reading those books. Most delicious Indian food disaster ever!

You will observe that the shrimp are soaking up the liquid as it is simultaneously vanishing into the air. This is exactly right. You want all of the liquid in the soup to evaporate, leaving behind only the flavour of the broth. Because it smells so amazing right now, I don't believe I can wait another second. In my head, I can make this part go faster by leaning over the pan and stirring the shrimp in the hope that my display of longing will convince it to cook faster. This is because I don't think I can wait another second.

Allow the shrimp to cook once all of the broth has been consumed. You did hear me. Allow it to get crunchy, crispy, and sticky before eating it. Everything that's browned and stuck to the bottom of your pan? That should be scraped up using your spatula! The flavour is incredible, despite the fact that it looks revolting. The fact that you won't need to remove it later with a scouring pad while you're doing the dishes is an additional advantage of this method. Win/win!

After it has been drained, pour the delectable contents of the saucepan over the top of the pasta. Sometimes I find that it doesn't quite combine well, or the seafood is just a little bit too dry for one reason or another. Both of these issues could be due to a number of factors. Just add a touch of butter or olive oil and whisk it in. To finish it off, add some parmesan cheese on top of everything, then serve it with the salad and/or garlic bread of your choice (because we can always use more garlic).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chickpea and Spinach Curry Known as Chana Palak

The drinks that are most and least enjoyable to consume during each season

Thandur Poutine | Quality Indain food